Friday, September 19, 2008

Absence....

Yes, I know I've been absent for a while and here's the reason... I've been madly crocheting an afghan for a friend due to have a baby last Friday. I finished it this past Tuesday morning and gave it to her. As of 5:00 today she still has not had the baby and her doctor said she is going to let her go until she is 3 weeks overdue!!! Yep, 3 weeks. So, 2 more weeks from today, the doctor is going to finally induce her. We discussed today that babies do things on their own time even after they are born and that sometimes dates are off. We were originally told that Melody was due between Christmas and New Years. Then we were told she was due November 10. Michelle made the comment to me that usually if they are off on calculating due dates they are off in 4 week intervals and moving Melody's due date up 6 weeks didn't make any sense. Yes Michelle, you were right and you know it. Melody came when she was ready and 8 weeks different than her original thought due date. She came early November 1.

I'm currently taking care of Michelle's quads and using one of her computers to blog so I will post a picture of said "madly crocheted" afghan as soon as I can get to my camera and my own computer... Not sure when that will be. I'm hearing lots of noise from the 5 kids so I hope that's a good sign that they are not into the worst kind of trouble..... quiet trouble.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

That is a lot of work for a gift. I love to quilt, but after I get a quilt pieced it takes me forever to quilt it, so crocheting, I don't think I would ever finish it.